Winning photos of the 2016 Photo Competition:
Photograph: Ioana Mirea
People’s choice – youth
Title: Les inséparables
Photograph: Sophie Sauvé
People’s choice – adult:
Title: Nouveau résidant de la 56e avenue
Photograph: Olivier Brodeur
The photo competition is open to all photography enthusiasts, whether amateur, professional, semi-professional or student.
- All residents of Notre-Dame-de-l’Île-Perrot are eligible, regardless of age.
- Colour and black-and-white photos will be shown to the jury on an 8 × 10″ paper base.
- Digital photos must be high resolution.
- Submitted photos must not have been altered using any software.
- Paper-base photos will be saved.
- The back of each photo must bear the name of the photographer, the title of the photograph, and the place and approximate time the photo was taken.
- Each participant may submit up to three photos.
- he submission deadline is September 16.
A submission slip must be completed and returned with the photos in a sealed envelope to the Marie-Uguay Library circulation desk or the Community Services counter.
Visitors will be invited to vote for their favourite photos from October 1st to October 10. Prizes will then be awarded in the following categories: Judges’ Prize ($200 gift certificate), People’s Choice—Adult ($100 gift certificate) and People’s Choice—Youth ($50 gift certificate). Winning photos will be displayed in Carrefour Notre-Dame and will appear in the recreation guide.
Information: 514-453-4128, option 3